This pasta is perfect for a quick dinner! Most pesto’s in the supermarket are not low in FODMaPs, but with a food processor or blender it is really easy to make your own and will taste better as well.
This pasta is healthy, low in FODMaPs, vegetarian and vegan. Some delicious lima beans are added for some protein (60 grams are allowed) which are a percect combination with basil pesto.
Pasta pesto (serves 4)
400 gram spelt/brown rice/corn pasta
1 courgettes, half moon slices
400 gram tomatoes, halved or in quaters
1 can (240 gram) of white or lima beans, rinsed
1 large bush of basil
4 tablespoons of olive oil or garlic oil
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
3 tablespoons of pine nuts
salt en pepper
100 gram rucola / arangula
– Cook the pasta in water with salt.
– Put all the ingriedients for the pesto in a blender and mix untill smooth. Taste and add more salt, pepper or lemon juice if neccesary.
– Heat olive oil in a large frying pand and stir fry the courgette for 5 minutes, then add the tomatoes fry for a few more minutes. Add the pesto and beans and heat for a few minutes.
– Once the pasta is cooked (al dente), drain the water and add the pasta to the vegetable pesto sauce. Stir and heat for a few minutes.
– Serve right away with with a handfull of rucola and some pine nuts.