This quiche is very simple, tasty, healthy and low in FODMaPs. The crust is so simple, its is made from just oats, olive oil and water! The filling is made from eggs and vegetables. I used the green part of leeks and carrots, but you can fill it with whatever vegetables you have on hand. Spinach, sweet pepper or courgette are also good!
Oat Crust Quiche
250 gram oats
150 ml water
4 tablespoons of olive oil
italian dried herbs
salt en pepper
3 leeks, green part only, thinly sliced
3 carrots, thinly sliced (use a mandolin or cheese slicer)
100 gram shredded cheese (optional)
salt and lots of pepper
- Preheat to oven to 180 degreem Add the oats to a food proccessor and blend until the oats are turning into a flour. Add the herbs, salt and pepper Add the water in small amounts at a time until the mixture forms a firm dough. If the mixture is not yet combined, add some more water. At last, add the olive oil.
- Roll the dough out until it fits the quiche or baking form (20-23 cm). I like to use two sheets of baking paper, where I put the dought in between, so nothing sticks to the surface. Transfer the rolled out dought into the quiche form, and press gently into the form. Bake this (without the filling) in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the dough is just done and starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, heat some oil in a frying pan and add the vegetables. Stir fry at a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs. Add salt, pepper and if you like to use chees add this as well. You can also add some other herbs like thyme, oregano or rosemary if you like.
- When the quiche crust is pre-baked, take it out of the oven. Add the stir fried vegetables and press the vegetables firmly into the quiche, so no large holes are left. Add the egg mixture on top of the vegetables.
- Bake the quiche in the oven for 30 minutes. Enjoy!